FHE: Preparing for the Second Coming
Our duty as Latter-day Saints is to prepare ourselves, this earth, and its inhabitants for the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. Being prepared and being strong as the gospel teaches ensures happiness… Keith B. McMullin
This week’s family home evening lesson is from A Year of FHE, on preparing for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. The best way we can prepare for the Savior’s coming is to accept the teachings of the gospel and make them part of our lives. We should live each day the best we can, just as Jesus taught when He was on the earth. We can look to the prophet for guidance and follow his counsel. We can live worthy to have the Holy Ghost guide us.
This lesson has a printable handout to help children visualize how they can build up a reserve of faith, just like the wise virgins who stored extra oil in Christ’s parable, and it also has instructions for making your own salt dough lamp.
- Night in Bethlehem FHE & Dinner Idea
- FHE Idea on Tithing
- Let Your Kids Teach Family Home Evening
- Thanksgiving FHE Idea
- What is Family History FHE Idea
- Studying the Scriptures FHE Idea
- The Gift of the Holy Ghost: FHE Idea
- Judge Not: FHE Idea
- The Beauty of Nature is a Gift from God: FHE Idea
- FHE Idea: Getting Ready for General Conference